Saturday, June 19, 2010

Two days

Graduation was already two days ago. That's really weird. I don't know how else to put it. It hasn't set in that I'm not physically required to attend high school anymore. If anything, I feel like I'm still going back in September. But no. I'm going to be in college by August 20th, away from everything I've grown accustomed to for the past four years...

I think that I don't really feel much yet because I've seen so many of the people in my class already. Also, I haven't really had time to just be alone with my thoughts. Once things start to settle down, I'll realize that this is the end of an entire section of my life. I'm so old hahaha.

Graduation itself was... interesting. I mean, I think it defined me pretty clearly, as in, I'm a moron. My hat fell off on several occasions, even when I was walking with everyone else to our seats. I think that's pretty dumb. And then I spent the entire time fixing it while sitting down. Overall, it was an amazing experience. I cried in copious amounts. So much so that my fake eyelashes completely came off. It was not an attractive sight. It hit me at that moment that I wasn't going to see a lot of those people, and that I genuinely cared for them. I cried even when I saw the juniors in the orchestra, who were all sweet enough to hug me, even though I probably got foundation all over their shirts. Everyone was just absolutely wonderful, and I had never felt more loved. Graduation meant a lot to me, and I'm glad it turned out so well.

Project Graduation, on the other hand, was slightly a bust. It was a lot of fun for the first two hours. And then everything shut down. Not so cool. I went home feeling unsatisfied but insanely tired. Still, it made me realize that I made a lot of new friends this year, and that maybe losing a couple of friends wasn't so bad if it meant meeting all of these new people. I'm definitely in one of my good moods again, which is surprising since my period started as soon as Project Grad ended. Too much information? Perhaps...

So, today was pretty insane. I definitely need to plan the things in my life better, or my friends just need to pick different days to do things. Overall, I had a lot of fun. Water balloon fights, free food, candy, and a pinata? Two graduation parties and a senior recital sound like a good day to me =)


To go into more detail... Albert's recital was pretty amazing I have to say. Not only did he play the piano and violin, but he even came prepared. He had pamplets given out, including a biography and picture. I have to say, the dude comes prepared. Also, the guest list was pretty insane. I've never seen a larger group of success college bound students in one area. I met three people going to MIT, two going to Harvard, and another to UPenn. I definitely didn't meet everybody, and according to Katherine, I would've met half of the incoming Princeton and Harvard Classes of 2014.

Also, I was even invited to go to the carnival! Even though I went yesterday, I definitely wouldn't have minded going today especially since I would've seen my favorite people in the NBTHS Class of 2011 =) They're really all so sweet, and it actually makes me pretty sad that I've gotten pretty close with a couple of them so late in the year. I hope they don't forget about me! Anyways, I came too late because the recital took roughly two hours, but hopefully they shall make more plans and include me? I honestly can't wait to spend the summer with people like Katherine, Nishat, Kinal, Alice, and Saeam. I just can't get over how genuinely friendly and nice they are towards me. It feels like something that I lack with people in my grade to be honest. Of course there are more people who I should acknowledge, but they know who they are =)

The funny thing is, I know that I'll feel all cool and popular for being so busy today, but then no one will want to hang out with me at all after this. Everyone wants to see me at the same time, and then they all just forget about me. Oh, how evil fate turns out to be =P

No comments:

Post a Comment