Thursday, December 30, 2010

Hi, my name is....

Jen. I don't know if you really remember me, but I used to actually write on this blog. I know, I know, it's been a while. I actually doubt that if I did have anyone who read this at some point will even bother reading it now. BUT since I have a lot of downtime, I figured it couldn't be too terrible to write a couple of blog posts here and there.

So, it is officially winter break. Actually, it's been winter break for about two weeks now. I just got done with my first college semester. Well, you might be asking yourself, "Self, why are you reading this nonsense?" GOOD QUESTION, NON-EXISTENT READER. You're possibly reading this because you want to know how my life has been since I've gone to college. I'll just go ahead and break down the past four months of my life. After all this time, if I could sum up my experience into a haiku, here's how it would go:

Sometimes, life is hard
Classes suck; I like drinking
Five-syllable phrase

I know, I know. It's quite possibly some of my best work yet. But on a serious note, I absolutely loved my first semester of college. Of course there were various ups and downs, but I would say that aside from a few bumps here and there, it's been a fun ride. I'm hoping that I actually learned something from this semester and will do better come January 24th. If there's anything I would say from going through everything, it would be that it's okay to make mistakes. Sometimes, it's just the only way to learn. I don't think anyone knows what to really expect from college, but you'll get the hang of it once you learn more about yourself. I won't lie and say that I haven't done things I regret, or think about the things I could've done, but I can't undo the past, nor is there any point wallowing in a pool of self-pity. I can just.. move on, and think that I've possibly taken something from all of the experiences I've had.

And I hope that's how everyone else feels. Honestly, there is no one who will know you as well as you know yourself. Most of the time, however, you don't realize that you're not doing what's best for yourself. It usually takes a huge wake-up call to realize that. But I have confidence in everyone. It'll take a while, but I think that myself included, people will find out who they really are by the end of their four years of college. And that is what I look forward to the most this new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment